Servicing & Maintenance
GARAGE DOOR SERVICING & MAINTENANCE
Keep it running better, for longer.
Garage doors are pretty straightforward. Day in and day out, all they do is go up and down…until they don’t work the way they should. When your garage door motor suddenly malfunctions, it’s your cue to have it checked for repairs or regular maintenance.
Troubleshooting Faulty Garage Doors
Before you end up overspending on unnecessary repairs, there are some things you can do to troubleshoot your garage door. Look at the rollers and tracks. Maybe all they need is a good brushing and some lubricant. If this does not work, then it is time to enlist the help of professional garage door motor repairers in Brisbane.
Regular servicing and maintenance of your garage door is a cost-effective way to increase the life of your garage door. And yet, it’s something that many owners neglect. This can lead to catastrophic failures and expensive repair bills.
Why servicing is important
There are many moving parts in a garage door. In fact, its whole job is to move: up and down, over and over again. Every time it does its job, there is minute wear and tear on its components. The spring loses tension. Lubricant is eroded away. Grime builds up. Over time, all these little bits add up and can cause major damage.
The most common problem we are called for is motor burnout. What a lot of people don’t realise is that the motor isn’t there to lift your door, it’s just an aid. The heavy lifting is done by the spring. As the spring loses tension, this puts undue stress on the motor leading to premature wear and, eventually, failure. Regular servicing will prevent this from happening, keeping your more expensive motor from requiring early replacement.
What’s included in a service?
Every service includes a thorough review of the operation and condition of your garage door. We’ll go through each component and tests its strength, replacing worn parts to ensure optimal operation of your door. Below is a list of common items covered for various garage door types.
- Lubrication, maintenance and alignment check.
- Check lifting cable for fraying or signs of corrosion.
- Door spring tensioning &balancing.
- Door fixings &structure secured.
- Component wear & tear and replacement.
- Replacement of aged motor electronics and parts.
- Garage opener servicing &lubrication.
- Coding of new or existing remote.
- Replacement tracks and brackets.
- Replacement of weather seals, cables and springs.
At Elite Garage Repairs, we offer two of our top services for garage door maintenance and longevity:
- Garage door motor repairs – Save yourself from costly replacements that could have been easily fixed with repairs. We offer garage door motor repairs in Brisbane with our comprehensive stock of serviceable parts for all types of garage doors such as hinges, cables, springs and bearings.
- Garage door motor replacement – The only reason to replace your motor is if it can no longer be saved by repairs. Do not risk the safety and functionality of your garage door any further. We are garage door motor replacement specialists in Brisbane ready to you make your door as good as new.
Don’t wait until something goes wrong with your garage door to fix it. With regular servicing and maintenance, you can avoid costly replacements and keep your door operating efficiently.
Contact Elite Garage Repairs
and one of our qualified tradesmen
will be happy to assist you.
Call us Now!(07) 3172 5999